- Every 66 seconds, someone in the United States develops Alzheimer's disease.
- 5.4 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's. Of those, 200,000 are under age 65.
- In 2017, Alzheimer's and other dementias will cost the nation $259 billion.
- Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S. and the only one that cannot be prevented, cured, or even slowed.
- In 2016, more than 15 million Americans provided an estimated 18.2 billion hours of unpaid care valued at over $230 billion.
- Alzheimer's kills more than breast cancer & prostate cancer combined, yet research is still grossly underfunded.
No one survives Alzheimer's disease. No one.
Marilyn's Legacy: A World Without Alzheimer's is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible. Our federal tax ID number is 81-1813012.